-
Dell Lattitude 610 goes blank after closing / opening laptop
A minor issue, but maybe someone had it as well. My Dell Lattitude 610 goes blank when I open the laptop after I have closed it.
Workaround 1: Dont close your laptop... 
Workaround 2: Not very pretty, but works for me: Alt + Ctrl + F1 and then back to the X-session with Alt + Ctrl + F5
My first experience with Knoppix (I been using Ubuntu and PuppyLinux for some time) and I was very impressed. Knoppix 6.1 is running like a fox on the machine, WLAN was "too" easy to configure with WPA. Just punch in the WPA code and we're up n running. Nice! Still, Ubuntu is my favorite full featured system, and Puppylinux has not yet let me down with old hardware or for Anti virus scan on Windows-machines.
/Peter
-
Junior Member
registered user
Dell D610 works fine for normal Live CD uses. Closes Ok
1. Knoppix 6.01 works ok on my Dell D610.
2. Only point is the 'persistent feature', I have not got it to work (me probably!).
3. turned off 'Compiz" (?) I tend to use only one desktop
Many thanks to Klaus for his very good work.
PS I use Knoppix 3 , 4 and 5 as well on older different machines back to single pentium.
I have used Knoppix 4 to rescue other persons windows machines so I have a great deal of well placed trust in Klaus.
Similar Threads
-
By ptan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2007, 06:04 PM
-
By Lindows in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-25-2006, 07:33 PM
-
By batigolix in forum Laptops
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-16-2006, 04:35 PM
-
By embsupafly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99