acuevas, as you say there aren't step by step instructions geared to raw beginners. Even experienced computer users - be they network specialists or advanced webmasters - can have a steep learning curve on bittorrent, MD5SUM, ISO etc if they've never come across them before. Heck, I know a genius programmer who spent several frustrating hours last week learning to write a DVD, and my first copy of Knoppix (last year) took me the better part of a day as I was exactly where you are now.

There is no magic wand, there are just some new things to be learnt. Some people find it's just quicker and easier to use the BUY button on our Get Knoppix page. It saves the aggro of spending hours acquiring skills and knowledge you may never use again. These CDs/DVDs can be bought for as little as $1.99 (and the commission we get helps keep this site going )

If, after your experience, you want to put together a guide that you feel would be more useful to people in your current position ... please send it to me and I'll consider it for publishing on here.