-
Junior Member
registered user
KNOPPIX 5.3.1 on Usb
Greetings! I am trying to get Knoppix 5.3.1 booting on a 16 gig flash drive and I keep getting the old cant find file routine, sorry.
It seems knoppix always sees the usb as the last hd on the system though grub will see it as hd 0,0. I have two on board HDs and was thinking I should refer to it as /dev/sdc1 but am uncertain.
Most tutorials I have read say to list your usb as /dev/sda1or 0,0 for grubs sake., is knoppix different?
Also I read somewhere that you can't have more than one knoppix on a machine without it creating havoc. Supposedly you have to rename your Knoppix folders knoppix1,2,3 etc, and edit your menu.lst accordingly so there is no confusion. Is there any truth to that?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I got it booting on the lap top but apparently I changed something internally on my desktop machine because now my 5.3.1 iso won't boot from HD, nor will my 5.1.1 live usb and obviously my new 5.3.1 usb will not boot. I'm getting the same error message on all three.
insmod can not insert /cdrom/Knoppix/modules/cloop.ko
invalid module format (-1):Execute format error.
I feel like I changed something on my machine because 5.3.1 iso has been booting for some time now with no problems and 5.1.1 usb even longer.
I was trying to look into minirt.gz inside isolinux for the first time just to see whats in there and I dont know maybe I messed something up. I uncompressed minirt.gz and attempted to mount it, couldn't get it to mount so I deleted it and put the minirt.gz backup in its place. After that I haven't been able to boot Knoppix. Any suggestions??
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98