-
udevadm settle hangs in PCI section
Hi all,
First a brief summary. I had a CentOS working system with 6 harddisks RAID 5 in a SCSI controller. There was a problem which I thought at that time was due to the hard disk failure (two disks) that caused the system to crash. Now I am using only 4 hard disks in the RAID 5 set up and I have reinstalled the operating system. I am also able to access the Hardware RAID Controller's utilities during the system bootup time. However the issue I am facing now is that the system refuses to boot up and hangs in 'Starting udev'. I tried using a knoppix live CD and after some permutations, found that the problem is in the 'udevadm settle' command which hangs indefinitely while waiting for the PCI bus (I tried adding a timeout in the udevadm settle command but that didn't help).
So I have two questions:
i) If really some PCI controller is bad most probably the SCSI one, is it possible to figure out which one it is? (Note: i find it very suprising that if the PCI controller was bad, the RAID utilities do work fine and I am able to create RAID arrays etc.) My guess is that one of the ports of the SCSI controller is bad so as long as that port is not accessed the RAID utilities work fine.
ii) Is it possible to get the system to boot past the bad hardware *somehow*? (I have tried the pci=bios and pci=biosirq options and it didnt work)
Thanks a lot in advance!
-Ankur
Similar Threads
-
By oded in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By adamherb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 07:12 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Networking
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5" SATA SSD MZ-7KE512 MZ7KE512
$65.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00