-
inetd.conf WITHOUT tcpd, impossible or what?
Hi,
I can use my Knoppix live cd for telnetting, ftp'ing to localhost w/o problems using the default
inetd.conf file which contains lines like:
Code:
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
However when I disable tcpd and try to use the barebone telnetd, ftpd, etc. using the
following configuration I cannot telnet or ftp to myself:
Code:
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
I rerun the inetd and then try to telnet to receive this response:
Code:
knoppix@ttyp4[knoppix]$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to Knoppix.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
As you see, when I'm not using tcpd it just automatically disables telnet, ftp, etc. I've tried it
hosts.allow, hosts.deny, I've also tried it w/o these files. Nothing changes.
Is it impossible to use inetd without tcpd on Knoppix? If it is possible, how?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By anton123 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-29-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By nishtya in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
-
By FZ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 04:49 PM
-
By gommans in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99