Hi,
I can use my Knoppix live cd for telnetting, ftp'ing to localhost w/o problems using the default
inetd.conf file which contains lines like:
However when I disable tcpd and try to use the barebone telnetd, ftpd, etc. using theCode:ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.ftpd telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
following configuration I cannot telnet or ftp to myself:
I rerun the inetd and then try to telnet to receive this response:Code:ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
As you see, when I'm not using tcpd it just automatically disables telnet, ftp, etc. I've tried itCode:knoppix@ttyp4[knoppix]$ telnet localhost Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to Knoppix. Escape character is '^]'. Connection closed by foreign host.
hosts.allow, hosts.deny, I've also tried it w/o these files. Nothing changes.
Is it impossible to use inetd without tcpd on Knoppix? If it is possible, how?
Thanks in advance.

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99