-
not booting
I am sure I burned the disc correctly, as per all instructions. However, when I insert the disc, instead of booting, it simply opens the disk directory. In it, I see the folders "boot" and "KNOPPIX". Any suggestions?
-
Did you burn as an ISO image? It took me a while at first to realize that. I believe that just about any CD/DVD burning software has that option. Also burn at the slowest possible speed. I also use a Windows program called IsoBuster to verify the MD5 sum for the CD after I burn it.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
skier did burn the ISO as an image, that is the only way that there would be the two folders indicated. Sounds more like the disc is just being put into an already running system rather than booting with the disc, otherwise I don't how one could say "However, when I insert the disc, instead of booting, it simply opens the disk directory. In it, I see the folders "boot" and "KNOPPIX"."
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$236.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00