Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I am having trouble locating my hard drive.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    I am having trouble locating my hard drive.

    My hdd is compressed, by windows vista. I don't have the original windows vista disk. Using an old xp disk I was able to format the disk thinking this will help eliminate the compression. Of course it didn't and now I am stuck with a compressed hdd and no boot sector. I was wondering if the older version of Knoppix 3.1 I have, will be able to help me detect, decompress and finally install xp again?

    As you can see I am very new to this, and have no working knowledge of Knoppix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Knoppix won't help you uncompress the Vista partition AFAIK but won't deleting the partition (fdisk) remove the compression?

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble Mounting a Hard Drive
    By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
  2. Copying hard drive to hard drive new to linux
    By husalah5150 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
  3. Hard drive / data recovery / force show drive
    By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
  4. Locating my second hard drive in Knoppix.
    By dmedici in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 01:13 AM
  5. Locating hardware
    By Zadel in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 07:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i5-10505 CPU Processor 3.20GHz FCLGA1200 SRH38 Tested Working picture

Intel Core i5-10505 CPU Processor 3.20GHz FCLGA1200 SRH38 Tested Working

$89.99