-
knoppix 4.02 on a dell studio 1735
I have tried using both the dvd and cd version on my laptop a dell studio 1735. The disk loads to the boot screen and when I try to load further it goes to the searching for usb/firewire...done
then boots to can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a very limited shell.
I have tried 1. boot: knoppix vga=0
2. boot: knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm Helpful for laptops
3. boot: knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3 Using this boot command will cause Knoppix to pause at various stages in the boot process. Just type 'exit' at each shell prompt to move on to the next stage. You will know that you are at the final stage when typing 'exit' does not do anything. If you get that far, type 'init 5' to go into graphics mode.
4. boot: failsafe debug -b 3 That will do the same as the previous boot command, except turn off most of the hardware detection.
All result in the same error. The debug options show an additional line that says /linuxrc: /bin/bash: not found
Any help with this would be appreciated. Also I have loaded the discs on my desktop and they worked fine. I have to have the laptop for a trip coming up.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix not booting
The problem most likely arises when CD/DVD drive drivers are not compatible with the hardware, although you may be getting the splash screen. After the kernel boots it is not able to detect the CD/DVD drive. Try with newer version of knoppix
-
I found a post some where that indicates that 4.02 does not support SATA. The reason I needed this version was for a class I am taking. The required software was KNOPPIX 4.02. I was hoping to get this version working but I have sense given up and the teach has said any version that allows me to complete the assignments is fine.
Similar Threads
-
By sbagdon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2007, 06:35 PM
-
By rvijay in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2006, 05:37 AM
-
By csodabogar in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
-
By swinn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313
$229.98

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99