-
I am having trouble locating my hard drive.
My hdd is compressed, by windows vista. I don't have the original windows vista disk. Using an old xp disk I was able to format the disk thinking this will help eliminate the compression. Of course it didn't and now I am stuck with a compressed hdd and no boot sector. I was wondering if the older version of Knoppix 3.1 I have, will be able to help me detect, decompress and finally install xp again?
As you can see I am very new to this, and have no working knowledge of Knoppix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By hadeschild in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 03:55 AM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By dmedici in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-19-2003, 01:13 AM
-
By Zadel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 07:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01