-
not booting
I am sure I burned the disc correctly, as per all instructions. However, when I insert the disc, instead of booting, it simply opens the disk directory. In it, I see the folders "boot" and "KNOPPIX". Any suggestions?
-
Did you burn as an ISO image? It took me a while at first to realize that. I believe that just about any CD/DVD burning software has that option. Also burn at the slowest possible speed. I also use a Windows program called IsoBuster to verify the MD5 sum for the CD after I burn it.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
skier did burn the ISO as an image, that is the only way that there would be the two folders indicated. Sounds more like the disc is just being put into an already running system rather than booting with the disc, otherwise I don't how one could say "However, when I insert the disc, instead of booting, it simply opens the disk directory. In it, I see the folders "boot" and "KNOPPIX"."
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box
$90.98