Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 6.1 System Tools/Knoppix HD Install does not see hda

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix 6.1 System Tools/Knoppix HD Install does not see hda

    I am having problems with the Install. I used the Linux Mag 6.1 Install DVD and launched Knoppix. I then partitioned my disk using the partition editor. here is my HDD

    /dev/hda1 83 Linux reiserfs 20 GB
    /dev/hda2 unformatted
    /dev/hda3 fat 16 my grub partition 2 gb
    /dev/hda4 extended partition
    /dev/hda5 my linux swap 3 gb
    /dev/hda6 unformatted
    /dev/hda 7 fat 32 data partition

    When I launch the install, it doesn't detect hda1. My only choices are auto and use all disk. I want to install Knoppix on HDA1. I use the grub partition to manage my multiboot system. I don't want to use the whole disk and I am a bit afraid to choose auto.

    Why would the install program not recognize hda1? That partition was created and formatted using the Knoppix Disk Partition program. It shows up as being formatted with reiserfs. It is greater than 8gb and my swap is greater than 1 gb. These are the two conditions specified in the installers Help file.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    34

    Knoppix 6.1 System Tools/Knoppix HD Install does not see hda

    Hi there
    I had same problem - see my post to tips and tricks section - six things I wish I'd known yesterday - there's also a reply to my post there which may help you - I had same problem with 6.1 dvd and ended up archiving other distros, installing knoppix to whole hard drive then reducing reiserfs partition and copying other distros back afterwards - then fixing grub - there must be an easier way - hope one day someone will post it - or fix knoppix hd installer if that's where the problem is???
    Best wishes, John

Similar Threads

  1. Using Knoppix to Rescue XP & Install a Dual-Boot system
    By gmj2005 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
  2. Daemon Tools and Knoppix
    By brds in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 04:16 PM
  3. physics tools knoppix
    By wangji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 03:21 PM
  4. Knoppix v3.3 - What Wireless tools does it have?
    By robson8112 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:34 PM
  5. Gnome System Tools
    By alexcg in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 10:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00