Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: customizing kde

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    27

    customizing kde

    So I am trying to remaster knoppix to include some addidional languages. I have installed the locale packages (fonts kde-i18n files etc)
    But how do I make knoppix start with kde in an other language than english, and I don't mean the cheatcodes at boot.
    Where are the kde config files? what files do I have to change.
    Changing the the default iconset and mouse would not be bad eather.
    (I someone can tell me how)
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    as far as I have seen .. you _must_ modify the settings in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig or edit it at least since it does:

    echo "LANG=\"$LANG\"" > /etc/sysconfig/i18n
    echo "COUNTRY=\"$COUNTRY\"" >> /etc/sysconfig/i18n
    echo "LANG=\"$LANG\"" >> /etc/sysconfig/i18n
    echo "LANGUAGE=\"$LANGUAGE\"" >> /etc/sysconfig/i18n
    ... etc

    And then some other script picks it up and overrides the setting in /etc/skel/.kde/config/kdeglobals

    That's how I see the knoppix interiors. I may be wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. customizing
    By thrustan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
  2. One question in my customizing
    By akibaleon in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 12:11 PM
  3. KDE customizing
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 04:15 AM
  4. Customizing Knoppix
    By walterw in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 03:50 AM
  5. Customizing Keyboard
    By koselan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 05:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0

WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210

$139.99



LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better

$250.00