-
Solved!
German text available on http://www.knoppixforum.de/knoppix-f...on-ide-hd.html
As the result of my posts in the german Knoppix-forum and depending on many tests, that I carried out, based on some good advice, I may summarize:
- First there ist a bug in Knoppix 6.0.1, which ist confirmed by Mr. Knopper himself, which causes Knoppix not to boot from an ext2/3 filesystem on USB-Storage or HDD, and second
- I was completly wrong due to my allegedly existing FAT32-partition on hda7 (see discription above)! There was never a FAT32-filesystem on it, but ever a ext3-system instead! I appologize for that carelessness. (There is a FAT32-System on my USB-BOOTSTICK, not on my HDD...).
I can confirm, that Knoppix 6.0.1 does start / boot from HDD or USB-Storage (if it's recognized by BIOS) from a FAT-filesystem, if at least there is a folder 'Knoppix' (or 'foo'), which contains the kernel 'linux', its initrd 'minirt.gz', the compressed filesystem-image 'KNOPPIX' and the folder 'modules' with its content (due to that item I'm not sure).
That's the real "frugal-installation".
@ hal8000:
Thank you for your efford, but do you mistake me? I don't want a 'regular' installation, like a debian, I did want a 'poor-man's-' or a 'fugal-installation'. Mr. Knopper does not suggest a 'regular' installation, anyway...
I suppose you're wrong with your statement, I wouldt have not installed Knoppix, an USB-device has to be present and the Knoppix-filesystem isn't available: As you can see, Knoppix does boot in the environment described above!
With best regards
Oliver Kosslowski
Similar Threads
-
By pau1knopp in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
-
By max-ebb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By timber in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By j.drake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Meudeen 14500 Pa Computer Vacuum Cleaner Mini & 110000RPM Compressed Air Duster
$44.27

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66