Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: about knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    about knoppix

    Hi I'm new to knoppix and was wondering how can I install "make" on knoppix? I have live cd version, what is the difference from live cd and flash, is there a preference? One better?
    So

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Greetings camarorz28
    Welcome to knoppix.
    Open a terminal and type
    make --help

    There are many way to use knoppix but
    the live CD or DVD is where it shines.

    I have used the live DVD daily for many years
    for most of my computing and programming.
    The best part is that each time I start out,
    I have peace of mind the the computer is
    exactly perfectly the same each time.
    When I shut it off I know everything
    I did not explicitly save to a disk is gone.

    But this does not mean you cannot learn
    a great deal with other installation.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$159.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S  2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory picture

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory

$27.95



Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC picture

Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC

$550.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99



G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (1x32GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16S-32GVK picture

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB (1x32GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM XMP 2.0 F4-3200C16S-32GVK

$149.99