Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: about knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    about knoppix

    Hi I'm new to knoppix and was wondering how can I install "make" on knoppix? I have live cd version, what is the difference from live cd and flash, is there a preference? One better?
    So

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Greetings camarorz28
    Welcome to knoppix.
    Open a terminal and type
    make --help

    There are many way to use knoppix but
    the live CD or DVD is where it shines.

    I have used the live DVD daily for many years
    for most of my computing and programming.
    The best part is that each time I start out,
    I have peace of mind the the computer is
    exactly perfectly the same each time.
    When I shut it off I know everything
    I did not explicitly save to a disk is gone.

    But this does not mean you cannot learn
    a great deal with other installation.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial 2.5

Crucial 2.5" 5210 ION 7.6TB SATA III 6Gbps SSD MTFDDAKT6QDE

$549.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$249.99



Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00