Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: about knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    about knoppix

    Hi I'm new to knoppix and was wondering how can I install "make" on knoppix? I have live cd version, what is the difference from live cd and flash, is there a preference? One better?
    So

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Greetings camarorz28
    Welcome to knoppix.
    Open a terminal and type
    make --help

    There are many way to use knoppix but
    the live CD or DVD is where it shines.

    I have used the live DVD daily for many years
    for most of my computing and programming.
    The best part is that each time I start out,
    I have peace of mind the the computer is
    exactly perfectly the same each time.
    When I shut it off I know everything
    I did not explicitly save to a disk is gone.

    But this does not mean you cannot learn
    a great deal with other installation.

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor picture

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor

$70.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details picture

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details

$95.00



Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box  picture

Advanced Gravis Analog Controller Joystics For Tandy Computers complete in box

$90.98