Newbie here...
Okay so I downloaded this knoppix image from kernel.org:
KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso
...verified md5sum, burned it to CD and when I try to boot, it fails. At first I get a screen showing "Adriane" (on the left) and "Knoppix" on the right. Then, if I hit enter or type in "knoppix" it prints a few brief messages to the command line but then I get a blank screen.
When I try "knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapc noapm" ...I get "Video mode not supported"
My Motherboard is an Asus M3A78-T and the video is ATI Radeon HD 3300. "System Rescue CD" works fine on this computer but Knoppix doesn't.
What's going on?

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00