-
Knoppix won't boot for me
Newbie here...
Okay so I downloaded this knoppix image from kernel.org:
KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso
...verified md5sum, burned it to CD and when I try to boot, it fails. At first I get a screen showing "Adriane" (on the left) and "Knoppix" on the right. Then, if I hit enter or type in "knoppix" it prints a few brief messages to the command line but then I get a blank screen.
When I try "knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapc noapm" ...I get "Video mode not supported"
My Motherboard is an Asus M3A78-T and the video is ATI Radeon HD 3300. "System Rescue CD" works fine on this computer but Knoppix doesn't.
What's going on?
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$286.86

1TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Enterprise HDD for PowerEdge Servers | G14 Tray
$117.99

Samsung T5 1TB USB-C Portable SSD
$110.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99