-
Knoppix won't boot for me
Newbie here...
Okay so I downloaded this knoppix image from kernel.org:
KNOPPIX_V6.0.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso
...verified md5sum, burned it to CD and when I try to boot, it fails. At first I get a screen showing "Adriane" (on the left) and "Knoppix" on the right. Then, if I hit enter or type in "knoppix" it prints a few brief messages to the command line but then I get a blank screen.
When I try "knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapc noapm" ...I get "Video mode not supported"
My Motherboard is an Asus M3A78-T and the video is ATI Radeon HD 3300. "System Rescue CD" works fine on this computer but Knoppix doesn't.
What's going on?
Similar Threads
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By doesnotcompute in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage PCMCIA 2.1 E/IDE ATA/ATAPI Interface Card Adapter w/ Cable
$59.99

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA
$139.99

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61

Vintage Compaq RT235BTW Beige PS/2 Keyboard 247430-001 Erase-Eaze Split Spacebar
$71.24

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00