-
Is it possible to use inetd.conf w/o tcpd?
Hi,
I can use my Knoppix live cd for telnetting, ftp'ing to localhost w/o problems using the default
inetd.conf file which contains lines like:
Code:
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
However when I disable tcpd and try to use the barebone telnetd, ftpd, etc. using the
following configuration I cannot telnet or ftp to myself:
Code:
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
I rerun the inetd and then try to telnet to receive this response:
Code:
knoppix@ttyp4[knoppix]$ telnet localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to Knoppix.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.
As you see, when I'm not using tcpd it just automatically disables telnet, ftp, etc. I've tried it
hosts.allow, hosts.deny, I've also tried it w/o these files. Nothing changes.
Is it impossible to use inetd without tcpd on Knoppix? If it is possible, how?
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By Legithrandil in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
-
By activeco in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 05:03 PM
-
By FZ in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 08:18 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77