-
Flash drive boot - How to get Samba running
I am one day into Knoppix and everything is as promised.
This maybe a naming convention which I do not understand!
Knoppix has samba-common installed, but not samba.
Thus, all the examples I have found in this forum for starting samba won't work. I simplistically replaced samba-common for the word samba in the examples but no joy.
I suspect I need to do something with samba-common to make samba install, but what?
Is -common a suffix of some significance?
Any one have time to help a real beginner.
Tks in advance.
Ian B
Found a reference in the forum to "Synaptic Package Manager, press CTRL+R to refresh latest packages, and search for gadmin-samba" and followed this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29628 - Thanks Robert
This installed samba and I gather that the -common in this case is common to server and desktop?
Ian B
Similar Threads
-
By ocho in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2007, 08:33 PM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By vincentfreeman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 06:02 PM
-
By farcha in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C 2-Port 40G/100G Multi Gig
$775.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco ASR 901 Series A901-12C-FT-D Aggregation Services Router 800-40055-01
$122.40