I have run Knoppix 6.0 and 6.1 trying to get a mobile broadband connection with Huawei e220.
A while after initiating the applet I get the opportunity to supply my password. When this is done (the Huawei starts blinking blue) the manager seems to continue trying to connect to the ISP. Mostly it stops after a while freezing the computer forcing me to pull the plug to get out of the situation. Sometimes, however it really does connect. In such cases everything goes OK. It is however most annoying. In a hurry it is never possible to rely on getting a connection established.
I have had the same experience with Ubuntu 9.04 and with an installation of SUSE 11.1.
I have earlier run Knoppix 5.3 and 5.31 using wvdial with Huawei e220. I have very seldom experienced any problem connecting that way.
In the Network Manager I have also tried various combinations and none of the protocols (eg. PAP, CHAP) provided.
I am grateful for any hints.
Otherwise I hope this will be fixed in future releases.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Remote Desktop User & Device RDS CALs for Windows Server 2025, 2022 & 2019
$174.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$795.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19