Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Wifi From Command Line

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    36

    Wifi From Command Line

    Wifi has been out of operation since I started Knoppix w/CNet USB Dongle plugged in. The CNet icon still comes up along with Kwlan icon every time I boot up. What files do I need to look at in regards to wifi settings? I can not make any changes using the KWlan gui. (I had been running the laptop on an Xubuntu HDD which works w/the CNet USB wifi dongle. I forgot to remove it and plug in the Netgear card that works w/Knoppix.)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Wifi From Command Line

    Quote Originally Posted by borgward
    Wifi has been out of operation since I started Knoppix w/CNet USB Dongle plugged in. The CNet icon still comes up along with Kwlan icon every time I boot up. What files do I need to look at in regards to wifi settings? I can not make any changes using the KWlan gui. (I had been running the laptop on an Xubuntu HDD which works w/the CNet USB wifi dongle. I forgot to remove it and plug in the Netgear card that works w/Knoppix.)
    Don't seems to have much information from what you have done. I bet you have the knoppix installed on your hd and that's why it keeps the last setting.

    If you try to look for command-line commands on activating the Netgear wireless card, check out the Q1 on the following FAQ. That's how I activate my Netgear WG511T wireless card from knoppix boot from the CD. (I use knoppix from the live CD only)

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_...ppix_5.3.1_FAQ

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38

    LinksysWUSB600N

    I got my linksys usb adapter working in knx 5.3.1 finally. I'm not sure how to edit the make file to specify the 2.6.24.4 linux kernel when installing it though.

    I also have to manualy load the driver rt2870sta.ko using : insmod rt2870sta.ko

    /etc/rc.local doesnt load it on start up. I dont know if the script is enabled.

    at the bottom of rc.local it says:
    In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
    # bits.
    Thats fine and dandy but I dont know how to change the execution bits

    I have to pull it up with ifconfig ra0 up and then configure it with Knoppix on board network wizard. I cant seem to get it going with command line, the pump command always fails for some reason. I want to be able to do it with the command line.

Similar Threads

  1. DOS Command Line?
    By Mongoose in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 12:23 AM
  2. Command line shells
    By Ikki in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 01:18 AM
  3. wifi working (cmd line fix)
    By outanet in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 02:09 AM
  4. login with GUI/Command Line
    By wilsondk in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. Hostname on command line
    By Ambrose in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 02:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99



Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard picture

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard

$54.99