***.exe is a Windows executable. You can run a Windows executable, if you have wine. I don't know if 6.0 has wine or not. If not you can try
apt-get install wine
in a shell.
Hi,
Currently have WinXP installed & booting KNOPPIX_V6.0.1 Live CD. Finding a password manager that works on both Windows & Knoppix (& other distros), so I downloaded KeepassX. In Knoppix clicking on the exe file just opens up an "open with" window, no applications to choose from, but got a command box to type in. Is there a command to execute the exe file, or do I have to find a different program (if so please suggest one)? Any help is very much appreciated.
s331ng3y35
***.exe is a Windows executable. You can run a Windows executable, if you have wine. I don't know if 6.0 has wine or not. If not you can try
apt-get install wine
in a shell.
You might want to recheck yourself on that. Read this small article for details: KeePassX is designed to be multi-platform and the same file should run under Windows or Linux.Originally Posted by ndb
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# apt-get install wine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package wine
Am I supposed to download the wine from somewhere first?
It was that article that got me downloading the program, yet it doesn't seem to work for me...
As far as keeypass is concerned there is a package keeypassx in stable/testing/unstable so should be easily installed. It works well, the only slight problem is synchronising changes between machines running the same passwords, I use Dropbox for that.

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
Vintage Apple IIgs 3.5” & 5.25” Floppy Disk Drives A9M0106 A9M0107 Untested
$115.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99