Never heard of an hp g3 before. Is that the correct name of the NIC? In my experience HP names their NICs in a much different fashon like HP2498 but I'm sure I haven't seen them all yet.
looking for the hp g3 nic driver for debian 3.0r1, where can i find it.
Never heard of an hp g3 before. Is that the correct name of the NIC? In my experience HP names their NICs in a much different fashon like HP2498 but I'm sure I haven't seen them all yet.
Nic NC7781
broadcom corp netxterm
Ah it looks athough you were referring to your server model when you said G3. Here's what I found:
The Integrated NC7760 Gigabit Server Adapter BCM5702 will not be detected as a supported device or may be incorrectly detected. Use the Tested and Approved bcm5700 Linux NIC Driver located here
It's an .rpm but you should still be able to use it. Notice that they make mention of upgrading your ROM.
Do you know where the devpl of knoppix downloaded the debian driver?

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5â SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99