Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how to edit&save menu.lst (grub)??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3

    how to edit&save menu.lst (grub)??

    I've a laptopt with Win and Knoppix installed

    On startup I've Grub to select the OS to launch

    I really like to edit grub: I've found the file menu.lst, but I couldn't save it, since I was not acting as root
    how can I do that??

    thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Code:
    su
    mcedit /boot/grub/menu.lst

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3
    thanx, I'll give a try!

  4. #4

    Editing menu.lst to change default System Booted

    What can I do in menu.lst to have GRUB boot Windows instead of Linux?

    Can GRUB Power down a system as an menu option?

    Also would like to be able have a shutdown done if GRUB is password protected and a invalid password is entered.

Similar Threads

  1. When I edit menu.lst file, should I also edit menu.lst~ ?
    By Uncle Stinky in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 08:53 AM
  2. How to edit Menu.lst file?
    By aidata in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 06:53 PM
  3. HOW TO EDIT GRUB TO BOOT KNOPPIX 3.6..PLEASE HELP
    By Drool King in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:57 AM
  4. How do you edit GRUB?
    By rrfish72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 04:32 AM
  5. menu edit
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 04:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99