-
Figured it out
Hi
Ok for all that are stumped by this one .
I reformatted the drive from FAT 32 to ext 3 . I don't get the NO Such file or directory error anymore but noy I am getting a dev null permission denied error . However this prob is fully documented and the asnwer to it is in the forum already as well as other places .
Cause
Linux doesn't understand how to preserve ownership of files on a Fat32 drive and I have a sneaky suspicion that chroot doesn't support Fat32 either. I am not about to go checking the other fat partions . I reformatted to Ext 3 and now I am ok again ...welll that is until the next stumper !
lesson learned : Windows hated Linux not necessarily the other way around !
Similar Threads
-
By alberto.orlandini in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
-
By Sephiroth? in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:55 AM
-
By spyhome in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

New Samsung FIT Plus 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive MUF-64AB/AM
$34.95

2 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version
$55.00

1 PC Office 2021 Pro replacement drive USB lifetime version
$40.00