-
Figured it out
Hi
Ok for all that are stumped by this one .
I reformatted the drive from FAT 32 to ext 3 . I don't get the NO Such file or directory error anymore but noy I am getting a dev null permission denied error . However this prob is fully documented and the asnwer to it is in the forum already as well as other places .
Cause
Linux doesn't understand how to preserve ownership of files on a Fat32 drive and I have a sneaky suspicion that chroot doesn't support Fat32 either. I am not about to go checking the other fat partions . I reformatted to Ext 3 and now I am ok again ...welll that is until the next stumper !
lesson learned : Windows hated Linux not necessarily the other way around !
Similar Threads
-
By alberto.orlandini in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
-
By Sephiroth? in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:55 AM
-
By spyhome in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Dell Precision 5820 Computer WorkStation PC - Intel Xeon W-2123 - 16GB Ram - DVD
$199.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99