-
step 13 I am getting stumped-Using DVD 5.3 version
1st attempt so bare with me...
using dvd 5.03 to do a remaster, have Chris Negus book...
It basically shows a command and does not work when I try-I have also looked on knoppix.net and this does not work for me either.
dvd-rom drives shows up as /dev/hda. I have Slackware 12.2 installed on a sata drive. In order to do remastering I installed an ide hard drive. It shows up on Knoppix desktop as /dev/hdb1.
OK I am going to explain what I know about "what I see" in command line so someone can explain something if I am missing something.
Step is to copy all files needed when cd or dvd starts up (FAQ's and image files, etc...)
book says this:
cd /cdrom/KNOPPIX && find . -size -10000k -type f -exec cp -p parents '{}' /media/hdb1/knoppix/master/KNOPPIX
Here is what I see in knoppix documentation onsite here:
or the DVD Version you have to use -size -15000k and copy the KNOPPIX2 folder like this
cp -ar /KNOPPIX2/* /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX
It seems I cannot get this to work=can someone give me the EXACT command line. Here is what I think is going on
cd cdrom && is changing into cdrom folder in backgound
find . (uses find command to search for files 15000k (for dvd) or less and put into folder where I have all my data (same as book /media/hdb1/knoppix/master/KNOPPIX
I have tried this different ways and although I feel I am an average user with Linux I cannot get this command to work. Can anyone help me out?
Thank you very much-
Bryan
Similar Threads
-
By milzux in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
-
By Antoine in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By Rod F. in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM
-
By Coume in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

Cisco Meraki OEM MA-SFP-1GB-LX10 1000Base-LX 1GbE SFP Module 1310nm 10km SMF LC
$95.00

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09