-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I have no idea how long it is going to take. I have never run it on USB, USB drives are slow, I don't know the size of the USB drive, and I don't even know if you are using USB2 or the deadly slow USB1.1. I doubt that 15 minutes was long enough. You should get some sort of output when the program is good and ready, I would think that you should wait for it. Personally I would also look for signs of hard drive activity, that should have started when the program was started, such as flashing of a drive access light or even seeking sounds coming from the hard drive (a stethoscope is great for listening to this). If all hard drive activity stopped for an extended period of time I might suspect that something was wrong, otherwise I would wait.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By Shadowed State of Mind in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-26-2009, 04:30 AM
-
By witt734 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-07-2009, 06:27 PM
-
By Francesco Pietra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
-
By richf6 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2006, 08:20 AM
-
By Breakout42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$105.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Western Digital 1TB SSD, PC SN730 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 2280 SDBPNTY-1T00 WD
$99.50

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD
$19.90