Quote Originally Posted by Albretch
~
I am starting knoppix 5.1.1 with the following cheatcode on a box with the hardware you can see (Ethernet info deleted).
~
The thing is that when I go "init 5", I see how the X Window System starts
~
root!tt1:/# init 5
Executing /etc/init.d/xsession
...
~
but it all stops like this:
~
Probing/Loading AGP modules ...
Starting the X Window System ...
~
Also the most annoying thing is that it does not happen consistently
~
Where in the X Window System or wherever should I look into in order to debug this problem?
~
Thank you
lbrtchx
~$
The place to log for error messages is either /var/log/messages or more specificly /var/log/Xorg.0.log
The only problem of course is that if the systems fails to load, its not forced to write an entry in Xorg.log
One other point of note is that 5.1.1 used kernel 2.4.19 so if your display adapter isnt recognised correctly
then you may get this intermittant problem
Hal