-
Junior Member
registered user
No replies ever.
Never had a single reply to questions in this forum
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
ex-para, I notice that you had a quick reply here within about 10 minutes of posting (and that was your second reply in the thread). Thousands of Knoppix users get their problems resolved at these forums. However, you must note that this community isn't some paid support group. Users of this forum are all volunteers, like you, who are free to answer any questions or not.
Very basic questions that demonstrate you haven't read the FAQ, badly constructed thread titles etc., work to your disadvantage.
Considering your question/s in the thread above, I feel it would be useful to point you to some resources.
The best way to find an answer is to first use the forum search. This thread has some other useful tips on getting your questions answered.
-
Junior Member
registered user
The quick reply I got was more of an insult than information (is English my first language) but I ignored that. All I wanted was a bit of advise, two words can sometimes get the job going. I understand that Linux is free and people have to be able to do things for your them selves but sometimes you get stuck and hope to get help. I have had Linux on my computers for over five years mainly Ubuntu but I have a new one that will not work with Ubuntu and many other Linux systems but Knoppix 5.3 will and I have now discovered Knoppix 6 Adriane even better. I am English and a one time Coal Face worker and Ex Paratrooper British army and now in my later years I export used item to the third world in containers. Thank you.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
We do get a lot of non-English speakers here and we welcome them. I must admit that when I first saw your post - the sum total of which was "Where can I find a CD big enought to download Knoppics 5.3 more than 4gb" - I didn't think English was your first language. Apart from the two spelling mistakes and convoluted sentence construction it seemed to suggest you wanted a CD that could hold 4 GB. I think Harry was very helpful in his attempted replies.
The thread I linked you to above discusses crafting your post to elicit a useful reply. I'm afraid that if you don't take the trouble to explain your problem properly people don't feel motivated to help. That applies to any forum, not just this one. Your above post is a good example - there are multiple ways of interpreting what you needed help with.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00