I don't think it should be such a problem - you just need a knowladge of Debian, Debian kernel building and overall kernel building process (kernel-howto would be a good start)
I guess it would be nearly impossible for a newbie - not sure..
I've been looking around the forum and saw one post that said it was nearly impossible is that true? The post mentioned something about Knoppix have patches to the Linux load line that your could not get? What if I just want to re-build one module, and re-link?
Thanks
Art
I don't think it should be such a problem - you just need a knowladge of Debian, Debian kernel building and overall kernel building process (kernel-howto would be a good start)
I guess it would be nearly impossible for a newbie - not sure..
Iv'e built and modified kernels but the howto that I found specific to Knoppix kernel customization seemed a bit scary? Just was hoping to hear from somebody that has recently done it.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...tomKernelHowto
Just looks like it has lots of little steps that if done incorrectly could be fatal
not really - you just need time and paintaince and you can do it with trial and error method and you'll learn a great deal with every mistake![]()

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99