Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Installing Skype

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    33

    Installing Skype

    I recently downloaded the Knoppix 6.0 Lite live CD and installed on a 4GB USB KEY (formatted to look like a ZIP drive).
    The installation works great. However, I downloaded Skype ( the Debian version ) and can not get it to install.
    I get a couple of errors about missing libraries. I think they were libqt4-core and libqt4-gui, or something like that.
    Unfortunately I am currently on my Windows system and did not save the errors so I could retrieve them here.

    Can anybody help me with this issue? If absolutely necessary I can boot up the Linux system and recreate the errors
    to give you the exact errors.

    Thanks for the help. And by the way, I like Knoppix.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    33

    solution found

    The answer was in another post. Here it is:

    apt-get update
    cd ~/Desktop
    dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
    apt-get -f install

    Of course this assumes that the Skype download is on the Desktop

Similar Threads

  1. No Skype Video
    By John Hart in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 04:31 PM
  2. Skype 2.0 no microphone sound with Knoppix 6.0
    By pa0rbc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
  3. Sound not working in Skype
    By steev in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
  4. Skype P2P Telephony Software
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 04:47 PM
  5. skype
    By pc3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 06:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00