The answer was in another post. Here it is:
apt-get update
cd ~/Desktop
dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
apt-get -f install
Of course this assumes that the Skype download is on the Desktop
I recently downloaded the Knoppix 6.0 Lite live CD and installed on a 4GB USB KEY (formatted to look like a ZIP drive).
The installation works great. However, I downloaded Skype ( the Debian version ) and can not get it to install.
I get a couple of errors about missing libraries. I think they were libqt4-core and libqt4-gui, or something like that.
Unfortunately I am currently on my Windows system and did not save the errors so I could retrieve them here.
Can anybody help me with this issue? If absolutely necessary I can boot up the Linux system and recreate the errors
to give you the exact errors.
Thanks for the help. And by the way, I like Knoppix.
The answer was in another post. Here it is:
apt-get update
cd ~/Desktop
dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
apt-get -f install
Of course this assumes that the Skype download is on the Desktop

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage IBM ThinkPad Laptop 3 GB and 3GB Hard Drive
$39.99
Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00
Vintage 1977 Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR) S-100 Computer Board
$199.99
AU SELLER VINTAGE SOUND CARD RME DIGI 96/8 PRO "A" GRADE EXAMPLE -TESTED
$390.48
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99