Hi Koppix'zens!
I'm new to this forum, but not new to linux.
I've got a problem with an appliance I've to bring to work. My system is a Vortex86-based board (PC/104) ->http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/vortex86/
Now I want to get a Linux to work on it. I've tried many distros but only m23, DSL and Gentoo was booting. All others including Knoppix in different versions where getting their kernels to panic.
So now I'm looking for an explanation what is happening to the kernel and what can I do to get some other distros to boot. I decided to start with knoppix.
Can someone tell me where I can find informations to start off? I think, it has to begin with an adapted kernel and how I have to compile it.
Thanx for your patience
-C-
PS: Sorry for my enlgish - I have to practice![]()

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$44.99
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB, 2.5 inch Internal SSD
$135.00
Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 Lite 10.9" 128GB Silver Wi-Fi SM-X400NZSAXAR
$206.00
SAMSUNG XE310XBA Chromebook 4 11.6" Intel N4020 4GB 32GB CLEAN UP TO DATE X3 LOT
$89.00
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$20.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
8/10 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro SM-T638 128GB, Wi-Fi 5G Unlocked 10.1 BLACK
$339.00