-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Prevent KDE to restart after killing X ?
--Hit Ctrl-Alt-F1 and login as root. KDE will still be there on Alt-F7 (IIRC) but you can work in text mode. If you want to disable KDE from starting at boot, you need to edit /etc/inittab and comment (put a '#' in front of) the line where it starts KDM, I believe.
--If you want, you can boot the Knoppix CD with a non-GUI runlevel (' knoppix 2 ') and try to figure out the right settings from there. Once you've got it the way you want, copy the /etc/X11/XFree86config-4 file down to your HD.

Originally Posted by
TOM
Hi,
I installed Knoppix 3.2 on my HD.
I have some trouble with the screen setup, so I can't read the graphical interface (KDE).
I want to kill KDE and X (I use Ctrl Backspace) , but KDE keeps on re-starting immediately !
How to prevent KDE to restart after killing X ?
I want to be in text mode to check my problems.
Thanks,
TOM.
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:07 AM
-
By rduke15 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 02:59 AM
-
By whoCaresWatIamCalled in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 07:11 AM
-
By lockejr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 11:09 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99