-
No Skype Video
I have installed Knoppix 6.0 on an external USB hard drive. Most everything is working well.
Have done several upgrades of libs, etc. to support added software (Firestarter, kasablanca, etc.).
Also installed Skype (Debian Etch). Skype sound and text messaging work fine but the viseo
does not work. I have a Logitech Quick Cam installed, and the system has it mounted as
dev/video1 . I select this device for the video source in Skype, but there is no video.
Can anybody help me out here? What libs do I need to support the cam? Do I need to
download and compile a driver? If so, can someone tell me which driver I need and how
to go about compiling it? I am quite new to Linux.
Thanks for whatever help you can give.
John
Similar Threads
-
By John Hart in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
-
By pa0rbc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
-
By steev in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
-
Replies: 15
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 04:47 PM
-
By pc3 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

USB C to Type C Cable Fast Charger For Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 S10 Plus Note 10 12
$5.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00