The answer was in another post. Here it is:
apt-get update
cd ~/Desktop
dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
apt-get -f install
Of course this assumes that the Skype download is on the Desktop
I recently downloaded the Knoppix 6.0 Lite live CD and installed on a 4GB USB KEY (formatted to look like a ZIP drive).
The installation works great. However, I downloaded Skype ( the Debian version ) and can not get it to install.
I get a couple of errors about missing libraries. I think they were libqt4-core and libqt4-gui, or something like that.
Unfortunately I am currently on my Windows system and did not save the errors so I could retrieve them here.
Can anybody help me with this issue? If absolutely necessary I can boot up the Linux system and recreate the errors
to give you the exact errors.
Thanks for the help. And by the way, I like Knoppix.
The answer was in another post. Here it is:
apt-get update
cd ~/Desktop
dpkg -i skype-debian_2.0.0.72-1_i386.deb
apt-get -f install
Of course this assumes that the Skype download is on the Desktop

IBM 00E4341 41Y9743 System VPD Card for Power8 8408-E8E / E850 Server VPD Card
$249.99
$400.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic
$149.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25