I really don't understand what you are working at, and why. 2GB HD?
Install the full Knoppix system to the USB stick, and if you can't make it boot, try with GRUB on the HD. You should learn a bit about GRUB before you do this.
I am Running the knoppix 6.1 live CD. How do i install knoppix to a USB but put the boot loader on the hd?
I only have a 2gb HD so knoppix Dos not want to install to the hd.
Thx for ANY help
I really don't understand what you are working at, and why. 2GB HD?
Install the full Knoppix system to the USB stick, and if you can't make it boot, try with GRUB on the HD. You should learn a bit about GRUB before you do this.
If you really have a 2GB harddisk system, I would worry if it's BIOS can be set to boot from the USB drive.Originally Posted by The Sun
Anyway, there are two ways to create a bootable USB stick. I believe that is what you really mean.
One is to setup the USB stick as an USB drive but some BIOS may not be possible to boot from it.
The other way is to setup the USB stick as a Zip disk format. Here is the link you can follow:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bootable_USB_Key
I follow this link and have successfully created a couple of Knoppix bootable USB sticks with 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacity. Don't have any 16GB USB stick (it's still a bit pricey right now) so never tried it before.
Rgds,
Chip

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99