-

Originally Posted by
tollhaus
I am in the process of using DD_rescue to copy anything left on a hard drive that crashed to a new hard drive that I bought. I've got it running alright, but I'm wondering about the next step:
If/when anything copies to the new hard drive, how do I get it off of this new hard drive. The only thing I really need are some pictures that were on the old one when it crashed.
Needless to say, I am very new to Linux. I have a coworker who is willing to help with specifics, but does not have time to do the research. He helped me get it running after I showed him this forum and is loaning me his copy of knoppix.
It sounds like you need to check out the man-page for dd_rescue - just open LX-terminal (little black tv-screen icon on lower left) and type:Or, you can search the web for the same string. Basically, you can limit how much gets copied in the first place; if you need to get rid of anything afterwards you can use PCman (file-folder icon next to the LXterm icon) or
Code:
rm -rf /the/path/and/name-to-delete
in the terminal window.
Cheers!
Krishna
Similar Threads
-
By Zeroez in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-26-2007, 05:02 PM
-
By fatblueduck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 09:09 PM
-
By skwerl in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 01:08 AM
-
By Torriatte in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By beajedi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99