Hi Koppix'zens!
I'm new to this forum, but not new to linux.
I've got a problem with an appliance I've to bring to work. My system is a Vortex86-based board (PC/104) ->http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/vortex86/
Now I want to get a Linux to work on it. I've tried many distros but only m23, DSL and Gentoo was booting. All others including Knoppix in different versions where getting their kernels to panic.
So now I'm looking for an explanation what is happening to the kernel and what can I do to get some other distros to boot. I decided to start with knoppix.
Can someone tell me where I can find informations to start off? I think, it has to begin with an adapted kernel and how I have to compile it.
Thanx for your patience
-C-
PS: Sorry for my enlgish - I have to practice![]()

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$218.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00