-
Bootproblems - Kernel Panik
Hi Koppix'zens!
I'm new to this forum, but not new to linux.
I've got a problem with an appliance I've to bring to work. My system is a Vortex86-based board (PC/104) ->http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/vortex86/
Now I want to get a Linux to work on it. I've tried many distros but only m23, DSL and Gentoo was booting. All others including Knoppix in different versions where getting their kernels to panic.
So now I'm looking for an explanation what is happening to the kernel and what can I do to get some other distros to boot. I decided to start with knoppix.
Can someone tell me where I can find informations to start off? I think, it has to begin with an adapted kernel and how I have to compile it.
Thanx for your patience
-C-
PS: Sorry for my enlgish - I have to practice
Similar Threads
-
By -Hawkeye- in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 Black HD 1.8 GHz i7-10510U 32GB 256GB SSD - Very Good
$259.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$259.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 2 15.6" Touchscreen i7-1165G7 16GB 1TB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99