-
Bootproblems - Kernel Panik
Hi Koppix'zens!
I'm new to this forum, but not new to linux.
I've got a problem with an appliance I've to bring to work. My system is a Vortex86-based board (PC/104) ->http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/vortex86/
Now I want to get a Linux to work on it. I've tried many distros but only m23, DSL and Gentoo was booting. All others including Knoppix in different versions where getting their kernels to panic.
So now I'm looking for an explanation what is happening to the kernel and what can I do to get some other distros to boot. I decided to start with knoppix.
Can someone tell me where I can find informations to start off? I think, it has to begin with an adapted kernel and how I have to compile it.
Thanx for your patience
-C-
PS: Sorry for my enlgish - I have to practice
Similar Threads
-
By -Hawkeye- in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By gitarzysta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 08:36 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$199.99