-
how to: ralink rt2860 from source
I have an Asus EEE-Box with the ralink rt2860sta wireless card. Kernel 2.6.30 and later support this but if you are using 2.6.28 it will not; however, the linux driver from the ralink site does compile and install easily enough for any of the kernels previous to 2.6.30:
http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Hom...ort/Linux.html
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
untar the file
open a terminal and cd to the untarred directory - you'll get a random make error after the module is compiled and it seems irrelevant
Code:
make
sudo make install
sudo modprobe rt2860sta
sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager stop
sudo ifconfig ra0 up
sudo iwconfig ra0 essid any
sudo dhclient ra0
You have to stop network-manager or dhclient will hang and time out. If you use your own essid, for some reason the same thing happens.
This might be of help to others - wireless ralink devices that use interface ra0 do not show up with the version of network manager in Lenny.
Known issue - remove networkmanager, install wicd In the first tab under scripts, add this in the pre-connect field
Code:
iwconfig ra0 essid any
or it will hang trying to find an ip address. I do not know why this is and it might just be my router, as it seems to happen on half of my machines running different versions of linux.
There might be a way to manually configure a file in network manager, but I always found it a bit more fussy than wicd anyway.[/code]
-
Porting RT2860 on xtensa
Hi I am trying to port the RT2860 on xtensa kernel. I am able to enumerate this card on mini pci slot and able to read write registers.
There is a problem when I try to bring it up ra0 interface.
We are getting some PCI errors - error message " BBP(viaMCU=1) read R1 fail"or
"H2M_MAILBOX still hold by MCU". Any idea what might be the problem or in which direction to debug here?
-
? I wish I could help, but my expertise ends with the above. I am unfamiliar with the xtensa processor.
It is a very odd message, as it seems like you have no issue building or inserting the module?
I used the ralink source, but there is a source package in the repos for the eee in debian lenny.
rt2860-source.
Similar Threads
-
By mutsch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2007, 11:48 PM
-
By mwagz in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
-
By Arbol in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
-
By Loafy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 04:58 AM
-
By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00