-
issue with firestarter
I installed Firestarter and it seems to be working except that at startup it fails to open the system log.
Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get it to open the system log? Thanks!
-
partial answer
Okay, I know why it does not start the system log file. Firestarter expects to see the file /var/log/messages . This file does
not exist at system start up. I can create the file, after start up, by using the 'touch' command ( touch /var/log/messages ).
However, the file is not there when I re-boot.
Can anybody tell me how to keep the file intact through shutdown and reboot ?
I suppose I could execute a script, during boot, that would re-create the file each time I boot but that seems so clunky!
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By linuxbookmarks in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 03:04 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.99