Hello everyone. My very old Dell laptop finally broke running Windows XP. I decided that before attempting to wipe the HD and start over I should at least try and rescue any files or data that is on it. I booted from KNOPPIX 6.0.1 and had no problems with accessing anything on my computer (minus internet of course). I could see my Windows HD just fine, and could look through the files in it. I was planning on transferring things over to another HD, but I don't have it with me right now. Anyways, I moved some files from the Windows HD to the KNOPPIX desktop and tried to open the folders. I received a message saying I don't have enough permissions or something along those lines. Even when accessing these from the command line as root, nothing changed. Anyone know what to do? Thank you in advance.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99