I installed Firestarter and it seems to be working except that at startup it fails to open the system log.
Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get it to open the system log? Thanks!
I installed Firestarter and it seems to be working except that at startup it fails to open the system log.
Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get it to open the system log? Thanks!
Okay, I know why it does not start the system log file. Firestarter expects to see the file /var/log/messages . This file does
not exist at system start up. I can create the file, after start up, by using the 'touch' command ( touch /var/log/messages ).
However, the file is not there when I re-boot.
Can anybody tell me how to keep the file intact through shutdown and reboot ?
I suppose I could execute a script, during boot, that would re-create the file each time I boot but that seems so clunky!
Thanks

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99