-
issue with firestarter
I installed Firestarter and it seems to be working except that at startup it fails to open the system log.
Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get it to open the system log? Thanks!
-
partial answer
Okay, I know why it does not start the system log file. Firestarter expects to see the file /var/log/messages . This file does
not exist at system start up. I can create the file, after start up, by using the 'touch' command ( touch /var/log/messages ).
However, the file is not there when I re-boot.
Can anybody tell me how to keep the file intact through shutdown and reboot ?
I suppose I could execute a script, during boot, that would re-create the file each time I boot but that seems so clunky!
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By linuxbookmarks in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
-
By sakiZ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 03:04 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 12:15 AM
-
By elqueso in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:14 AM
-
By albertfuller in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64 Vintage Computer System *PARTS/AS IS*
$70.00

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore SX-64 Executive Portable Vintage Color Home Computer Tested Works
$799.00